My Thoughts On Thoughtfully Magazine

Move over Cosmo and the rest, there's a new mag on the shelf. I've always been a lover (read: hoarder) of magazines. If that first issue gets me hooked, you've got a reader for life. As long as the publication in question doesn't start to let its standards slip or fill every second page with perfume and designer clothing ads - which unfortunately is often the case - I'm unwavering in my support.

Thoughtfully is a new lifestyle magazine with the usual entertainment, travel, fashion, food, health, and beauty features but approaching everything from a greener perspective. It has the potential to fill what I see as a massive gap in the market and will appeal to those of us trying to be more conscious of what we put on/in our bodies and its effects on the world around us. I was lucky enough to win a copy of the magazine in a recent giveaway by Organic Beauty Talk.


The publication itself is thick and substantial, more like a book than a magazine, which is good because I just know I'm going to want to read it again and again. As for its content, it was so refreshing to find that there wasn't any filler content or tired rehashing of the same done to death uninspired topics, like 10 Ways To Get A Guy/An Ass Like Kim K. I enjoyed Susannah Compton's feature on The Healing Power of Essential Oils; Brandie Gilliam's article on The Dangers of Microbeads was fascinating while the Greek Goddess-themed editorial was just gorgeous. Peppered throughout with seriously stunning photographs, Thoughtfully is the kind of magazine you want to display proudly on your coffee table.

Unfortunately it isn't currently available to buy in stores, something they're working on, and while you can order the print edition from their site, they only ship to the U.S. Thankfully they also offer a digital edition which is available to download as a PDF for just $5. The second issue is scheduled for release in Spring 2015 and I for one can't wait to get my hands on it, or my eyes as the case may be.

If this post sounds a lot like a love letter to Thoughtfully magazine, well I guess that's because that's exactly what happened when I read it; I fell in love. Finally, a magazine I can relate to, one that features recipes I want to make and products I actually want to buy. Thoughtfully gets you thinking and I can honestly say I'm a better person for having read it.

  1. Great post :) I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!.

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! Your blog and all its lovely food photos make me hungry :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome post, Thoughtfully seems to be a great magazine that I could be into as well!

    SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE ALICE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really think there's something for everyone in it. Love the name of your blog btw x

      Delete